July 12, 2013
Broccoli Salad, A Korean Banchan
- 1 Head Broccoli, cut into Florets
- 3 tb Gochujang (Korean Hot Pepper Paste)
- 1 tb Sesame Oil
- 1 tb Sesame Seeds
- 2 ts Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tb Brown Sugar
- Black Pepper
- Green Onion Garnish.
- Boil your water and salt it well. Toss in your florets and cook for no longer than 3 minutes.
- Immediately plunge them into an ice bath to stop the cooking process and retain their vibrant green color.
- Tumble in all of your ingredients and mix well. Garnish with green onions.
- Serve immediately, at room temperature, in bibimbap, or keep in the fridge.
About the Author: Angela Kim aka The Squishy Monster creates fun cooking tutorials with Tastemade at http://Youtube.com/TheSquishyMonsterTSM and is a food blogger on http://TheSquishyMonster.com which features over 250 original recipes that feature both traditional Korean and American food as well as blended fusion dishes. She also reviews restaurants for a local lifestyle magazine and tours local news circuits to teach people how to cook.