Prep time: 30 minutes
Ingredients (makes approx 16 cups):
- 3 medium red bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 3 large cucumbers, peeled and roughly chopped
- 12 medium ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 large clove garlic (optional)
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp plain bread crumbs
- Home made croutons (recipe follows)
Place all the ingredients in a blender (depending on the size of the jar, you may have to do it in several batches). Blend until smooth
Pour through a fine mesh strainer to get rid of tomato and pepper skin and cucumber seeds
Chill for a couple of hours before serving
HOME MADE CROUTONS
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 large french baguette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
Dice the baguette and place in a large bowl
Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Spread the bread cubes on a cookie sheet lined with tin foil in one single layer. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve on top of the gazpacho.
Check out the recipe Authentic Spanish Gazpacho
and other authentic Spanish meals at May I Have That Recipe?
About the Authors:
We're two sister (Vicky and Ruth) originally form Barcelona, Spain with Middle Eastern roots. We started our blog, May I Have That Recipe?
, to share our passion for food and our recipes with the world. We create mainly vegetarian and vegan recipes, using all natural and seasonal ingredients