June 07, 2013
- Manzanillo Variety Fall Harvest Olive Oil 2 Tablespoons
- Garlic, minced 1 Tablespoon
- Baby Spinach, Chiffonade 1 Cup
- Zucchini, 1/4 inch dice 1/2 Cup
- Onion, White 1/4 inch dice 1/4 Cup
- Bell Pepper, Orange, 1/4 inch dice 1/4 Cup
- Salt, Kosher 1/2 Teaspoon
- Pepper, freshly ground 1/4 Teaspoon
- Cilantro, fine chop 1 Tablespoon
- Low-fat Mozzarella Cheese 1 Cup
- Egg Beaters 2 Cups
- Gather all ingredients and equipment.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add garlic and spinach and sautee until spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini, onion, and bell pepper. Continue to sautee for an additional 2 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Either divide vegetable mixture evenly into 4 ramekins or into a large 9 inch round baking dish (pie dish, cake pan, etc.)
- In a medium bowl add eggs and remaining salt and pepper, mix well (if using whole eggs, if not proceed to step 9)
- Top vegetables evenly with cilantro, mozzarella cheese and egg beaters. Season with remaining salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake until eggs have set in the center (about 25-30 minutes for the ramekins depending on their size or 45-60 minutes for a 9 inch pan).
- Remove from oven and drizzle lightly with Manzanillo Variety Fall Harvest Olive Oil
- You can add this to a crust as well and you can use whatever fillings you choose: mushrooms, ham, kale, etc.
- You can substitute the egg beaters for whole eggs and use 6-8 eggs.