May 24, 2013
Homemade Waffles Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups buttermilk, room temperature
- Plug in your waffle iron and let it heat up.
- In a medium bowl mix together the dry ingredients with a whisk. In a separate bowl mix the beaten eggs, buttermilk and melted butter.
- Pour wet mixture over dry mixture and stir with whisk until just combined. If your waffle iron isn’t seasoned and needs it, spray the hot iron wiht a little cooking spray.
- Ladle on about ½ – ¾ cup of the batter (or whatever the manufacture recomments) and close the waffle iron. Cook until the waffle is golden brown on each side and comes up easily.
- Serve and enjoy!