December 10, 2013
Olio d'Oliva Pagnotta Senza Glutine (Gluten Free Olive Oil Loaf)
- 2 Eggs (large)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar + 2 Tablespoons (divided)
- Zest of 1 large Valencia Orange (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/3 Cup Orange Juice (freshly squeezed)
- 3/4 Cup Olive Oil (make sure its a good one)
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Cup Gluten Free Flour (I use Cup4Cup)
- 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Juice
- Preheat oven to 400•F
- In a large bowl add eggs and 1/2 cup of sugar – beat with a wire whisk until pale and you see a bit of foam.
- Add orange zest, salt, orange juice, and olive oil.
- Beat with wire whisk until well combined.
- Add baking powder and gluten-free flour, mix with a rubber spatula to combine all ingredients well.
- Add 1/3 cup of mixture into each of the four wells of the pan.
- Top each loaf well with even amounts of sugar and pine nuts.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes – turning 1/2 way through to ensure even browning.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- If using a glaze – prepare it now: in a small bowl add powdered sugar and orange juice, mix until well combined and drizzle over warm loaves.